Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Surprises

One thing I've realized about Cal-i-for-nia, is that life here is full of Surprises.  And lots of sun.  The second I got here people loved me.  And I got treaties for doing good things.  That was a Surprise.  I got to play with Elliot and Josephine in the beginning...


...and then Chlo-wee and Sweet Pee and Penny all wanted to be my bffs.



I found my sometimes best friend the Rock completely unexpectedly, and I got to make bumper stickers for myself so no one would forget that I have per-sonality.


I found my Greenies in the backyard without even looking for them and learned the ways of the "Ancient One" without falling under her spells.  I got pushed in the pool, met sweet Miss Emily (aka Little Robin who would like to live in a pouch on my belly), and I was still just "graduating" at the lady and the Man's house!

I didn't realize that just one little pocket pit could have so many Surprises, but then another one happened.  I went to visit the Barn, and Bouncer told me 2 things:

1.  He heard a family was looking for me and they might want to come meet me soon.  Oh boy!
and 2. Since little Ayse just got here, she needed me to show her the ropes.


He said I could stay at the Barn and borrow his kennel for awhile and that it was big and there are many scrumptious things inside (not like my measly crate with only a few chicken softies tucked in the crevices).

He said that since I was going to be busy for awhile, would it be okay if he went to play at Miss Emily's? Bouncer's head is bigger than Miss Emily's whole body and it's shaped like a chewy toy.  I know she will think it's pretty excellent, so I said okay.

Since I know Ca-li-for-nia so well now, I will tell Ayse that life here is full of Surprises.  And sometimes you just think you're doing regular things and having regular days just like everyone else. But then you realize there's a moment that just feels extra special and maybe a little bit scary because you weren't expecting it. But don't worry, it's just the Surprise that's been there, patiently waiting to amaze you.


12 comments:

  1. You are just amazing, Robin! I just LOVE your sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss you when you get adopted. I hope your new family sends updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, you are too cute for words. I hope your forever family finds you soon and that you still can update us every once in a while on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize how much I would miss your updates Robin until I read this. {Happy tear} I hope your new people come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope your people will consider continuing your posts about your awesome life! You have such a fan base, and we all would miss you terribly if we couldn't see your goofy mug on our daily Pit Bull Happy News Hour! Please let them know this. We'd all appreciate it a lot! Love love love, Sue and Baerna dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Robin! I wish I could be your new mom but I live on the complete other side of the map! I love you and you have become a part of my every day! I wish and hope you find a loving home ASAP. If Bad Rap decides to let you come to Rhode Island tell them that I will adopt you in a HEARTBEAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, you're making me cry with all your wise observations. You're a lovely and lucky fellow, and I'm so happy your life is full of lovely surprises now. Fingers crossed for you and the family that wants to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, I will miss you and your updates- they are wise and beautiful and, best of all, funny. I wish you the best of luck finding your new family and hope maybe one day you and my pittie can meet. I think she'd like you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Robin, this was just such a lovely post!

    I heart you so much that it hurts my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robin! A home of your very own?! I have loved you from afar and have ready every blog. If anyone deserves a home and family, it's you! Don't forget to write, okay? Hope you have a happy and wonderous life... keep on charming the pants off cows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Robin: I must confess, at first I loved Chunk more because I have a huge soft spot for black Staffy types with funny little front teef and you are kinda a gooberface. But my heart went out to you when you wrote of singing sad songs in during Alone Time in your crate, and I was so tickled on your behalf when you found your Greenies and were so proud of them, and when you posted the video of you and your Sometimes Best Friend the Rock, well, you caught me, hook, line, and sinker. I've so enjoyed your blog and will do my best to incorporate your wise Bounce and Graze confidence-boosting and socialization plan into my life. You've certainly charmed the pants off of me: I haven't been able to keep a pair of pants on for weeks! I wish you all the best and many dogs to play with and lots of chicken softies, but I know with your stellar per-sonality, you don't need to worry. You're definitely a dog that's going to land jelly-side-up!

    ReplyDelete